2425 Glenwood Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9E 2X5
2022 Windsor Election Rose City Politics Candidate Questionnaire answers:
1. What is your prior political experience?
I ran in Ward 10 in the 2018 municipal election and finished a strong third.
2. Why are you running?
I want to serve and improve our community.
3. What do you do currently for a living?
I work as the Manager of Facilities for a neighbouring municipality.
4. What is the biggest issue affecting the ward you are running for?
Our biggest issue is value for our taxes – Ward 10’s infrastructure needs to be fixed, finished, and improved. (We also need to create safer neighbourhoods.)
5. What is the biggest issue affecting the city of Windsor?
Two common themes that I have heard from many residents at the door regarding citywide issues are: solving homelessness and better communication with the city.
6. Are you seeking any endorsements?
I am not seeking any endorsements outside of the endorsement of my fellow Ward 10 residents on election day.
7. Have you received any endorsements?
8. Will you continue the “hold the line on taxes” policy?
In these times of rising food, fuel and utilities Windsor residents should not expect tax increases.
9. Do you support the mega-hospital location?
We need a new hospital built and have come too far to turn back now. We also required a downtown emergency services campus.
10. Do you support strong mayor legislation?
In certain specific situations it can be advantageous but, generally speaking, the fully elected council gives a better representation of a community’s interests and goals than one individual.
11. Should the city use taxpayers dollars to bring jobs to the area?
Depending on the type of investment, and number of jobs, this may be an option.
12. If you are running in a ward with an incumbent who is also running, why is change necessary, and why are you the person to deliver it?
While every candidate brings something different to the table, I feel I can be an effective individual for positive change in Ward 10.
13. How many hours per week do you plan to allocate towards council business if elected?
As many hours as necessary to fully serve the residents of Ward 10.
14. Do you live in the ward you are running for?
Yes, I live in Ward 10.
15. What agencies, boards, or committees do/have you served on, and in what capacity?
16. What person, animal or fictional character should be Windsor’s unofficial mascot?
I think the residents of Windsor would be best suited to answer this however I feel that the mascot should be symbolic of our nature: hardworking, creative, resilient, friendly, and thoughtful.