3139 Briarbank Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N8R 1T1
2022 Windsor Election Rose City Politics Candidate Questionnaire answers:
1. What is your prior political experience?
I have served as the City Councillor for Ward 7 in the City of Windsor for the last two years. I have also been actively involved in the political process at all levels of government.
2. Why are you running?
I am a devoted community leader with a proven record of community service. I have always been a driven visionary with excellent leadership qualities. I have shown my deep passion and determination to make a real difference for families in the local community through volunteerism. I want utilize my experience to build an equitable and inclusive community in our City and our Ward. I will never stop working hard to build a better future for the families of Ward 7. I am a team player who will work hard to bring jobs, opportunities, better education, and prosperity to a new Windsor that is ready for the 21st century. The families of Ward 7 need a trusted voice at City Hall that will be their local champion, and I am committed to being that voice.
3. What do you do currently for a living?
I am currently a Real Estate Broker and own my own Brokerage right here in Windsor.
4. What is the biggest issue affecting the ward you are running for?
1. Roads and Infrastructure Improvements
2. Additional Investments in parks, recreation, and trails
3. Economic Growth and job creation
5. What is the biggest issue affecting the city of Windsor?
1. Economic Growth and Development and job creation
2. Investments in Roads and Infrastructure project
3. Community Safety
6. Are you seeking any endorsements?
Yes, I seek the endorsement of every resident, as everyone is equally important to me.
7. Have you received any endorsements?
I have many endorsements from community groups and residents.
8. Will you continue the “hold the line on taxes” policy?
We will try to minimize tax increases and maintain service levels by increasing efficiencies across all departments.
9. Do you support the mega-hospital location?
Yes, I support the location and we have already received provincial approval and funding for the second phase of the project.
10. Do you support strong mayor legislation?
No, I do not support strong mayor legislation, as it will have long-term damaging impacts on local democracy.
11. Should the city use taxpayers dollars to bring jobs to the area?
Yes, it is important for the city to reinvest tax revenue into attracting economic development opportunities and creating jobs to increase our tax base so that we are able to offer more services to our residents.
12. If you are running in a ward with an incumbent who is also running, why is change necessary, and why are you the person to deliver it?
I am the incumbent.
13. How many hours per week do you plan to allocate towards council business if elected?
I always give whatever time is required for Council work and the community.
14. Do you live in the ward you are running for?
Yes, I live in Ward 7 and have lived here for the past 22 years.
15. What agencies, boards, or committees do/have you served on, and in what capacity?
Corporate Services Standing Committee
Development & Heritage Standing Committee
Essex Region Conservation Authority
Huron Lodge Committee of Management
Windsor Canada Utilities
Windsor Public Library Board
Windsor Detroit Tunnel Corporation
Windsor Transit Advisory Committee
Windsor Utilities Commission
16. What person, animal or fictional character should be Windsor’s unofficial mascot?
Being a University City, I think we should build on the University Mascot which is a Lancer