285 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, N9A 4H9
Phone: 519-982-1442 (text please)
2022 Windsor Election Rose City Politics Candidate Questionnaire answers:
1. What is your prior political experience?
I have been a businessman in downtown Windsor for over 30 years. I have spoken at council many times. I have successfully worked with the city and council hosting events such as music festivals at festival plaza, The Toronto Raptors/Jurassic Park Windsor at Charles Clark Square, The Spitfires game 7 at City Hall, and the Play On road hockey tournament on Ouellette Ave. I am also currently consulting with developers on the reimagining of Festival Plaza.
2. Why are you running?
I have lived in Windsor and been a business owner downtown for decades. During that time, I have seen the deterioration of our downtown while other parts of the city have prospered. I have a plan of concrete proposals to invigorate our ward and city and I have the energy and enthusiasm to be a catalyst for the change that is needed.
3. What do you do currently for a living?
I am currently:
– President of Turbo Espresso Bar on Ouellette Avenue and at Devonshire Mall.
– President of Element Entertainment.
– Executive Director of Border City Boxing Club (volunteer)
– Boxing coach, Border City Boxing + Rocksteady Parkinson’s Boxing coach. (volunteer)
4. What is the biggest issue affecting the ward you are running for?
Safety (and related issues of crime and homelessness) is the biggest issue facing Ward 3. On Wednesday, September 14, at 11am I will be releasing my detailed Safety Plan for Downtown Windsor.
5. What is the biggest issue affecting the city of Windsor?
The biggest issue facing the city is also safety. Our city’s downtown is its spirit and heart. We cannot have a vibrant city while our downtown is blighted, and we endure crime, violence, and anti-social behaviour in our city core.
6. Are you seeking any endorsements?
Other than the many residents and business owners of Ward 3 who have expressed their support and display my signs, I will accept the endorsement of any legitimate organization.
7. Have you received any endorsements?
So far, I have been endorsed by Liuna 625.
8. Will you continue the “hold the line on taxes” policy?
9. Do you support the mega-hospital location?
10. Do you support strong mayor legislation?
No, we do not have enough information on what provincial priorities means until detailed I cannot agree.
11. Should the city use taxpayers dollars to bring jobs to the area?
12. If you are running in a ward with an incumbent who is also running, why is change necessary, and why are you the person to deliver it?
There is no incumbent running in Ward 3. However, change in policy and direction is needed if we are to adequately address the issue of safety so critical to our ward and city. We need bold efforts and innovative solutions to address the unprecedented challenges facing our downtown and city.
13. How many hours per week do you plan to allocate towards council business if elected?
Whatever it takes.
14. Do you live in the ward you are running for?
I previously lived in the ward but was redistricted to where I am now just over the line. However, I have lived in Windsor and have been a businessman in the downtown for over 30 years. The Windsor Star labeled me as a champion of downtown, I think that says it all.
15. What agencies, boards, or committees do/have you served on, and in what capacity?
I am the executive director of Border City Boxing / Rock Steady Boxing.
16. What person, animal or fictional character should be Windsor’s unofficial mascot?